Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How Long Can Hearing Loss Last After Infection Problems With My Ear After Outer Ear Infection?

Problems with my ear after outer ear infection? - how long can hearing loss last after infection

There are about 2 weeks went to the doctor because my ear hurts. We diagnosed an infection of the outer ear and gave me antibiotics and steroid eardrops. About a week later the pain had disappeared, but still had some mild hearing loss, and I felt like cotton in my ear. I went to the doctor and he told me he had gone a little fluid behind the eardrum, but the ear infection was. He has prescribed, and I took Sudafed for 3 days. Today I went back because my symptoms remain the same and when I checked my ear, he said, there is more fluid and all was well. He does not understand what could be wrong. He returned home to say in 2 weeks, so I can give a reference to an ENT doctor if the symptoms are still present.
When I went to bed tilIs my head to the right, my hearing is almost back to normal, and if I do not like someone held my ears feel. But as soon as I turn my head a little in the other direction, the symptoms immediately.
Axis of the congestion, I had about 1 1 / 2 weeks (stuffy nose) and my eyes are very sensitive (doctor told me it was because of Sudafed?). I took my Afrin nose.
That's the problem with my ear, something that we need to address? What is it? How long will this take? What can I do to improve things?

No comments:

Post a Comment